Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Saturday Filled with Snow

I woke up last Saturday with big plans to hit the town. I wanted to explore SOHO, as well as stop by a cooking store to pick up some items for class. However, when I finally rolled out of bed around 11:00 am (don't judge me, it was a long week of class), a blanket of snow covered the streets 21 floors below me. It was my first official snow in New York!

The snow didn't ruin my day in the slightest. I was actually even more excited to walk around the city knowing that snow would be falling around me. So I quickly got dressed and headed out the door. I jumped on the R train and heading up to Spring Street in SOHO. (By the way, I think I'm starting to get a handle on this subway thing! It's definitely not as intimidating as it use to be now that I have the help of Hop Stop.)

Anyways, a short ride and two stops later I was at Sur La Table. The store was packed with restless Christmas shoppers, but I made it through and collected what I needed. After seeing a woman wipe out on the slippery sidewalks about 2 feet in front of me, I decided it was time to head home.

At the end of the day, the city got somewhere between 4 to 6 inches. It was a beautiful snow, and I'm sure it won't be the last!
The view from my apartment...bring on the snow!
The park across from my apartment was covered with snow, yet people were still sitting on the benches, enjoying the beautiful winter day! I love this part of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment